You may not be able to express why all the elements blend in perfect harmony, but you know it when you see it. We’re talking about a beautiful smile in Tampa. What features are we talking about? You may be surprised at how many components Dr. Kernagis must consider when planning for a smile transformation.
Here are a few of the most obvious elements:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gum line margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other essential elements that may be less familiar to the layperson:
- The portions of the teeth that are visible when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
If crucial design principles are not complied with, the smile may look “off” or the function of the teeth and jaw could be adversely affected. For example, a cosmetic dental smile makeover handled by an inexperienced cosmetic dentist could change the patient’s bite and put unnecessary stress on the restorations, ruining your beautiful smile in Tampa. Do not decide on a cosmetic dentist by procedure cost alone. If you are contemplating a cosmetic dental smile makeover call Kernagis Dental Excellence today to schedule an informative consultation. You’ll walk out of our office with a beautiful smile in Tampa.