Dental Implants Tampa
Tampa FL Implant Dentist
If you have a missing tooth, the most popular option are dental implants. Cosmetic dentistry in Tampa, FL is a remarkable way to replace missing teeth and support a dental crown, dental bridge or even a partial denture. The practice of implant dentistry has many people interested lately because of the remarkable benefits dental implants offer. Drs. Richard and Jennifer Kernagis have significant experience as implant dentists in FishHawk. If you need a dental implant in Tampa, our doctors can place your implant in a way that will help you feel confident and satisfied.
The Dental Implant Procedure
- First, your original or natural tooth root must be removed if this has not already been done. This will provide the space for a tooth implant to be placed.
- Next, the dental implant is actually placed. The implant is situated in the same spot the original tooth root was located.
- It takes 3-6 months for the tooth implant to completely heal. During this time, the tooth implant undergoes “Osseo Integration” with your jawbone. The titanium alloy dental implants we use literally “fuse” with your bone, are remarkably strong and provide a sturdy foundation on which our tooth implant doctors attach a crown, bridge or denture.
- After the healing period, an abutment is attached to the dental implant which the crown, bridge or denture is directly attached to.
Benefits of a Teeth Implant
Implant dentistry has come so far and has solved so many of the problems people have had with missing teeth. Some common benefits of implant dentistry our patients in Tampa experience are:
- FUNCTIONAL | Once your dental implant is placed, you most likely will forget it isn’t your real tooth. You can laugh, talk, chew, eat just like normal. In fact, if the tooth has been missing for a while, you may find that your mouth works better than before!
- BEAUTIFUL | Our doctors, both trained in dental implants, will place tooth implants that look like real teeth, the same color as your natural teeth. You can smile with confidence, and may even want to smile more often!
- DURABLE | A tooth implant is exceedingly strong. Though you know it’s a tooth implant, it is durable. It’s like a brand new tooth, right where your old tooth used to be.
Financing for Teeth Implants
Check with your dental insurance carrier to see if they will cover your dental implants and to what extent. An alternative to dental insurance companies are health care credit companies that offer zero-interest and low-interest loans for medical operations, including dental implants.
It’s important to remember that dental implants are an investment in your oral health and your appearance. It’s hard to put a price on being able to eat with ease, preserving your facial structure, and keeping a youthful appearance. Implants are also very durable and will last many years. With proper care, many implants last a lifetime.
Tired of Missing or Damaged Teeth? Contact Our Tampa Dental Implant Dentist Now!
Call today to schedule a visit with our cosmetic and implant dentistry doctors Drs. Richard and Jennifer Kernagis and find out if dental implants are right for you. We have multiple offices serving Tampa, FL and the surrounding areas!